After updating to the new Genesis my site title was appearing imposed over the image that I had set up there.
I was able to remove the title from appearing by using Brian Gardner's code: http://www.briangardner.com/code/remove-header-elements/
Well, that removed the title text, but now I am unable to click on the header image as a link to the homepage.
Also, when viewing the site in mobile, the header widget is directly above the header image. I've been messing around with the CSS, but I can't seem to figure out how to fix it.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!http://johnnyfit.org/
Same issue here - there are two header images now and text showing in the header for both Streamline and Education themes upon upgrading to Genesis 2.0.
I have about 18 more sites to upgrade. I don't think I will do that until this issue is resolved!
I had a similar header issue that was solved by implementing the following. Try it but backup first.
I would suggest removing the custom header function from your functions.php file. (backup first however)
/** Add support for custom header */
add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’, array(
‘width’ => 1060,
‘height’ => 120
I have an identical issue to the one JohnnyFit reported. I'm using a responsive Education Theme. Like LuciO, I can't do any more upgrades until this is resolved.
Any solutions from StudioPress to this? Please?
IanP, I tried your recommendation on my Outreach Theme, unfortunately it didn't work for me.
Tried IanP recommendation on Streamline - it did not work.
I've done a few things that at least get it looking OK, but it's not 100%...
1st. I did remove the custom header function as IanP noted above, It was not being used anyway. Instead I have my header.png file uploaded through FTP straight to the theme image folder.
2nd. I removed the site title from appearing over my header image. I did not use Brian Gardner's function for this, because I'm not sure if that removes the SEO benefit. Instead I hid the title through CSS:
3rd. I used Nick the Geek's Responsive Header Plugin to make everything appear OK on mobile: http://designsbynickthegeek.com/plugins/genesis-responsive-header
Everything looks fine visually, however I am still unable to use the header image as a link to the homepage in either the full sight or mobile.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe to get early access to new themes, discounts and brief updates about what's new with StudioPress!