Outreach Home #1 – #4 widgets not working

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Outreach Home #1 – #4 widgets not working

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tcolling
    Participant

Hi – I just purchased Genesis with the Outreach theme.  I have a little experience with WP and with other themes but this is my first attempt at using Genesis.

I’ve created a home page, other pages, and a blog page.  I have tried to set up the Home #1 widget to display a featured page, but it appears to not do anything.  The footer widgets do indeed work just fine, so I speculate that I’m just getting the home page properly identified to Genesis or something.

Can anyone suggest something to point me in the right direction toward solving this?  I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

- Tim

http://www.carenetLA.info

braddalton
    Participant

A home.php file is already included in your child theme.

It contains widgets for your home page.

You don’t need to setup a static page for your home page.

Simply select your front page displays your latest posts in your Settings > Reading and populate the home page widgets.

If you don’t populate your home page widgets, it will display your latest posts.

I suggest you then publish a new page using the blog template from the drop down menu under page attributes and add a custom link to your menu for your blog.

You can then go to the Genesis > Theme Settings and configure your Content Archives and other settings.

You might also find this tutorial useful http://my.studiopress.com/setup/outreach-theme/

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

tcolling
    Participant

Thank you very much for taking time to answer my question.  I appreciate your help!

Do all Genesis child themes work this way?  I’m not used to having the home page be be a posts page, but it’s fine with me so long as I know what to do.

Again, thank you for your help!

- Tim

braddalton
    Participant

Hi Tim

Most Genesis child themes include a widgetized home page that can be used 2 ways.

No worries.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.