Outreach – how to remove the white space in header?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Outreach – how to remove the white space in header?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  blissedchic 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

blissedchic
    Participant

Hi All,

I’ve been searching here for an answer but no luck…how do I remove the white space at the very right of the header in the Outreach theme?

Thanks,

Marina

susanlangenes
    Participant

Marina, I don’t see any white space at the right of the header in the Outreach theme demo here: http://demo.studiopress.com/outreach/

Can you give us a link to the site you are working on?

blissedchic
    Participant

susanlangenes
    Participant

That’s odd.  Your html output for the page shows

#header {

background: url(http://www.firststepsfitness.ca/wp-content/themes/outreach/images/header.png) no-repeat;

}

Which shouldn’t be there.  Have you uploaded a custom header somehow, or do you have a plugin or something that allows you to change the header image and/or text?
    How did you get the site title to be purple?

blissedchic
    Participant

No I haven’t uploaded a custom header. This is a common issue apparently – I found this out when I did a search in the forum but no solution was provided. People eventually figured out how to fix the issue but they didn’t post how they did it.

I changed the color of the header text: Appearance/Header

susanlangenes
    Participant

Ok.  this is a little bit hacky, but try it and see if it works.  Add all this to either a custom stylesheet or to the bottom of the theme’s stylesheet:

#header {
    margin: 0 auto!important;
    min-height: 100px!important;
    width: 100%!important;
    background-repeat: repeat-y!important;
    background-position: center!important;
    overflow: hidden!important;
    background-size: cover!important;
    }
    It’s really overkill but I’m hoping it’ll work…

blissedchic
    Participant

OMG, it worked!!!  Thank you so much…I’ve spent a couple of hours already trying to figure it out. Thanks!!

susanlangenes
    Participant

Yay!  It’s really the last declaration there that matters (background-size:cover;) so if you ever want to change anything about the header image in the future, just make sure that one stays.  The others are all just declarations that were already applied (or, supposed to be applied) so I simply copied them just in case.

:)

blissedchic
    Participant

Thanks. That’s really helpful.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.