Outreach in Firefox – Slider picture

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Outreach in Firefox – Slider picture

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Turnlane
    Participant

We are developing http://lindaryancoffee.com/ using Google Chrome.  The slider on the home page looks great in Chrome and in IE, but when we look at in Firefox, the slider looks to be too long for the picture.  We are using the Outreach theme.

Any advice?

Thanks,

TurnLane

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    A nice little brain-teaser that was hard to find. But I believe it’s this. Firefox seems to be looking at the setting below, and including the padding. Apparently the other browsers don’t.

[css]
    .full-width-content #content, .full-width-content.outreach-landing #content {
    width: 100%;
    }
    [/css]

Of course, this can be found in style.css, via Appearance…. Editor.

I found that 2 width settings instead of “100%” worked: “auto” or “98%”. Try those, and adjust to taste. Both seem good in Chrome, too. Definitely test the other browsers. Also set up a full-width regular page and see if that’s still good. If not, you’ll want to make a separate statement for full-width content, as opposed to full-width landing page.

Cheers, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Turnlane
    Participant

Dave,

That was genius!  Thanks for helping us solve the issue.  Using 98% was the best solution for us.

Thanks!

Julie for TurnLane

David Chu
    Participant

You’re welcome! One of those times when FF might have been a little more literal and less forgiving than the others. I guess that means that we’re 2%-ers. ;)

The look and the concept of your site are excellent!

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Outreach in Firefox – Slider picture’ is closed to new replies.