Outreach Menu Broken

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Outreach Menu Broken

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kent 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Kent
    Participant

Hi all,

After working fine for 3 weeks, my top right header menu in Outreach theme is broken.

Site is here: http://fdsa.org/dev_site/

ONLY in  Chrome though. Looks ok in Firefox and Safari. I tired nuking my browser cache. I haven’t tweaked the header at all, so I don’t know what’s up. Viewing the styles hasn’t helped me at all either.

Thoughts?

-Kent

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

AC
    Blocked

What version of Chrome are you using? It’s looks just fine for me. I have Chrome version 24.0.1312.57 m.

Kent
    Participant

Anita,

Thanks for checking. My Chrome is V.25.0.1364.99 (for the Mac) which says it’s up to date. It’s happening on my home computer as well.

Here’s a screenshot.

I wonder if it’s a font issue. I will delete the Lato font from my system and see if that fixes it.

-Kent

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

Kent
    Participant

Nope. Getting rid of the font didn’t solve the issue. Also looks the same (messed up) on a co-workers machine running Chrome here as well. Very bizarre.

WEBOSIS
    Participant

FWIW, it’s off in the demo, too: http://demo.studiopress.com/outreach/

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

This is a bug in the latest version of Chrome: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=166230.

While it appears to be fixed in an upcoming release, if you would like to fix it now, the fix is to remove the top margin from your ul.menu.

Kent
    Participant

Jennifer,

Thanks for that. With my limited CSS skills though, I can find the ul.menu section, but I’m not seeing where the top margin is set? Can you give me a hint?

-Kent

kathiemt
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

kathiemt
    Participant

Kent
    Participant

Kent
    Participant

Kathie,

I sent you this in a private reply, but upon reading I guess only I and administrators or moderators can see that?  I’m not really sure how private replies work so I wasn’t sure you would see it. Reposting here.

Thanks for the kind words. As a bit of a hack myself I’m flattered to be asked for advice once, as opposed to me usually soliciting it!

The calendar plugin is the All-InOne-Event Calendar by Time.ly. You can find it by searching the WordPress plugins in the Admin. It’s AWESOME. I’ve used it on 5 or 6 sites now. A massive number of options and features. Only thing I haven’t played with is customizing the look/themes, but I know you can via CSS.

The Facebook area is just an HTML text widget – feel free to just grab the code and use another Facebook Icon if you want.

The menu in the black bar is a Custom Menu widget placed in the ‘Header Right’ sidebar on the widgets page.

Good luck! If you have other questions – feel free to post up again!

-Kent

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You can remove the margin here by changing it to 0.

#header .menu {
      background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
      display: inline-block;
      float: left;
      margin: 32px 0 0;
      width: auto;
    }

Then, add it here:

#header .widget-area {
      float: right;
      margin: 32px 0 0;
      width: 620px;
    }

kathiemt
    Participant

Kent
    Participant

Thanks, Jen. That worked.

-Kent

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.