Outreach Pro – Home Page Error – Primary Sidebar Showing up – Help!

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Outreach Pro – Home Page Error – Primary Sidebar Showing up – Help!

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Joe 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

palpatine
    Participant

Hello All,

I’m setting up a site for a client right now using the Outreach Pro Theme (HTML5 version).

I believe that I have everything setup correctly so far… I haven’t customized any code or anything, but as soon as I add anything into the Sub-Footers (left of right), the Primary Sidebar Widget Area shows up on my home page.

This definitely shouldn’t be happening.

It’s shrinking down my slider to fit in the smaller area there… and I don’t want the Primary sidebar to show up on the Home page.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Here’s a link to the site I’m working on oldcanyonranch.com, but like I said, I haven’t done any kind of customization to the theme. It’s basically “right out of the box” and erroring out like this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Aaron

palpatine
    Participant

Nevermind, turns out to be a plugin conflict… Genesis Extras. As soon as I deactivated it, the theme is working fine.

Just a heads up, don’t use Genesis Extras with the HTML5 version of Outreach Pro.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Joe
    Participant

I’m assuming you’re using Genesis Layout Extras?

It does seem to override the home layout (setting it to the Genesis Default layout, which is content/sidebar for this theme). If you switch it to Full Width Content, everything seems to be fine.

Setting is under:
    Genesis > Layout Extras > Layouts for WordPress Default Cases > Homepage Layout

Living Word

HI
    I have a similar issue, but tried what you said and clearly not getting the same reaction from the theme.
    The website I am working on is livingwordashmore.org

Can I ask you to please go and look to see what I need to do to fix this?

Should I untick all the theme layout extras maybe?

Regards
    Linky

Joe
    Participant

That looks exactly like the issue I was seeing.

In Genesis Layout Extras, I have everything set to the defaults except Home Page layout. That corrected the issue. Are you also using the default home page settings for the theme? It looks like you are.

Here’s a screen shot of the Layouts for WordPress Default Cases section in Layout Extras:
    Genesis Layout Extras: Default WordPress Cases

Edit: Image embed didn’t work right; converted to just a link (imgur.com)
    Edit 2: Trying to embed image link with again.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  Joe.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.