Outreach Theme – Additional Widget Area on Homepage with Primary Sidebar

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Outreach Theme – Additional Widget Area on Homepage with Primary Sidebar

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cheshire 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Cheshire
    Participant

Hi

I am using the Outreach Theme for a website:

http://amarooblondes.com/

Essentially, I would like to create an additional widget area under the ‘Home Featured’ widget which is 650px wide AND also have the Primary Sidebar show on the Home Page next to the new widget (under Home Featured).

I am familiar with creating new widget areas – but have never done it to include having the Primary Sidebar show on the Home Page as well.

Would appreciate help :-) Thank you

anitac
    Participant

Let me ask this first – is there any particular reason why you aren’t using the original home page to accomplish this? If you are building a new home page, you should create a new file – maybe call it front-page.php and customize your home page. You could copy the home page, rename it front-page and customize that to what you need.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Cheshire
    Participant

Hi Anita – sounds like a good solution….- had thought about making own child theme……but still not sure how to combine widget area with a sidebar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.