outreach theme, footer, footer credits

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks outreach theme, footer, footer credits

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  IanP 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

IanP
    Participant

Hello

I have been trying to change the default footer credits in the Outreach Theme but not having much success.

I have Genesis Simple Hooks plugin and am using the info found here: http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/footer/#credits

but I want to retain the “TOP”arrow/link and just want footer credits edited.

When I attempt to use it it doesn’t work.

Any ideas?

Thank you

anitac
    Participant

Install the Genesis Simple Edits – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/genesis-simple-edits/ and you can customize that area.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

IanP
    Participant

It works and aligns left if I use the code fro this page: http://www.studiopress.com/plugins/simple-hooks

but it still removed the Outreach Themes TOP arrow that I want to retain.

IanP
    Participant

Thanks anitac I’ll try that.

anitac
    Participant

With the Simple Edits, you don’t need to use the Hooks.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

IanP
    Participant

ok that completely broke ALL footer information.  I won’t be using that Simple Edits.  Thanks anyway anitac.

IanP
    Participant

If anyone knows how to edited the footer credits ONLY, (I want to keep the themes custom TOP arrow) that would be great.

Thank you.

anitac
    Participant

It shouldn’t have broken it. Did you remove any hooks you added?

IanP
    Participant

Yes.

I removed both Simple Edits and Simple Hooks plugin and it is now at the themes defaults.

It is a tricky one because Outreach has a custom TOP arrow that I want to keep, but want to change the CREDITS ONLY.

anitac
    Participant

Can you post a link to your site so I can see it?

IanP
    Participant

helensburgh.com.au

anitac
    Participant

I just installed Outreach. Now since you removed hooks, go back and activate the Simple EDITS. Only edit the line that says, “Footer Credits Text” . Do not edit the box that says,”Footer Output“. You don’t want to modify the entire footer – you only want the Credits. If you do this – the arrows will stay there.

***Correction*** Activate Simple Edits.

IanP
    Participant

Thank you I’ll go try that.  Thank you kindly again anitac

anitac
    Participant

Sorry*** Correction*** Simple EDITS.

IanP
    Participant

Actually, I’m not following what you say.  I can’t see “Footer Credits Text” or a box that says,”Footer Output“ anywhere in the Footer Hooks area or Genesis Simple Hooks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.