Outreach theme: Need to make smaller slider and add news items next to it

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Outreach theme: Need to make smaller slider and add news items next to it

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mpoyner
    Participant

I can easily do this for desktop, but I’m having trouble making it work when resizing to other viewpoints.

You can see my test site here: http://69.195.124.88/~bridgeo9/

So, what I’d like to do is to shrink the normal size of the slider image from 1040px to about 640px wide. Then, next to it, in the remaining 400px (at desktop viewport size), I need to pull news posts in with a category shortcode, I suppose. (I need a small image about 100×100 for each news item, plus the headline and a sentence or two of text.)

And then I need those to resize and reposition responsively. I’m not quite sure how to get started with this right now. I don’t know if I should resize the white box that the slider is in and then put a new area next to that to house the news in, or if I should put the news into the extra right-hand white space inside of the white box that the slider is in?

Anyone who has some thoughts about this, please chime in! Thanks!

cehwitham
    Participant

It looks like you’re almost there and the responsiveness works good for me.

Do you just need to include more posts to the right, say 3 and then it’ll all work fine?

Let me know if I’m missing something.

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.