Outreach Theme: Replace Slider Widget with 2 Widget Areas

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Outreach Theme: Replace Slider Widget with 2 Widget Areas

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anita
    Participant

I have a client wanting to use Outreach, but before I have them purchase it – they want to have a widget on the left for the slider and another widget on the right to use for other content. Similar to how how they are set up on Agentpress, Crystal, Enterprise.

Can someone help me with replacing the current “1 widget area” to a “2 widget area” on the home page? Or possibly how to add 2 widgets to the one area with CSS styling?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

braddalton
    Participant

You could take the PHP from the home.php file from one of the themes that already display 2 widgets on the home page and replace the Metro theme home.php code. You’d want to pick a theme which is the same width as Outreach so you can use the CSS from that theme.

Or, you could use content columns in a text widget.

Or a plugin like this: DivUp Content http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/divup-content/

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Anita
    Participant

Thanks Brad. I think I might try my hand at the first option you gave to see if that will work. I know I’ll probably have to copy the CSS over as well. If I can’t get it to work, then I’ll move on to one of the other options.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.