Outreach Theme – Sub Footers

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Outreach Theme – Sub Footers

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Cree 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

AC
    Blocked

I have a client interested in the Outreach theme, however – they only want the Sub Footer Left and Sub Footer Right areas on the home page only because they want to use the Primary sidebar on the inside pages to show their Twitter Stream. Before I have them purchase the theme – can someone tell me how I could use the Sub Footer Left and Sub Footer Right widget areas on the home page only? Here is the demo of Outreach – http://demo.studiopress.com/outreach/.

Chris Cree
    Participant

You’ll need to customize your functions.php file in the copy of Outreach for the site. Look for the function outreach_sub_footer() at line 75. Add an additional if statement to the function

if ( is_front_page() ) {

outside the if statement for the is_active_sidebar function. Remember to add the closing } at the end outside the existing if statement.

AC
    Blocked

Thank you. I am confused with the last line you wrote. This is what I have. I inserted the code below the function outreach_sub_footer… do I need to place that } somewhere here?

/** Add the sub footer section */
    add_action( ‘genesis_before_footer’, ‘outreach_sub_footer’, 5 );
    function outreach_sub_footer() {
    if ( is_front_page() ) {

the rest of the code will not copy…..

Chris Cree
    Participant

If your opening and closing brackets don’t match you’ll get an error and crash the site. Here’s the full code I was trying to explain:

https://gist.github.com/4400256

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.