Overlap Widget Area Over Image

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Overlap Widget Area Over Image

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Robby Payne
    Participant

I am working on a site using AgentPress and the slider area is a static image with a widget area that is working and floating over it.  I like this, but I did it by accident.  If I change anything, it pushes the property search widget down as I would expect it to.  I see this behavior in the header as well.  The menu is a custom menu widget and it, too, is floating over the header image.  It just worked out of the box, but I want to know how/why this works.

The reason is, I registered an additional widget to float left (like a mini sidebar) and the nice overlayed widget was pushed down no matter how I adjusted the widths of the element.  I made all of them very small and the right widget was still pushed down.  Anyone with some know-how here would be great!

http://eladbuild1.com

SoZo

The widget isn’t really floating over the slider div. That div is set to only 600px and then the search widget is beside it. You use positioning and z-index to position one element over another.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Robby Payne
    Participant

Thanks!  This got me on the right track to getting done what I needed!

SoZo

You’re welcome :)

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Overlap Widget Area Over Image’ is closed to new replies.