P not H1 in Header

Community Forums Forums General Discussion P not H1 in Header

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  weslinda 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

weslinda
    Participant

So I built a custom theme for a client, and the question came back about H1’s on the page. It’s a custom design, but I’m curious as to why the title of the page is showing up in the header in a P instead of H1 like I’m accustomed to with Genesis.

Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

Loving the Genesis Life!

http://www.tylliebarbosa.com/

cdils
    Participant

Can you post a link? Also which pages (all pages?) is it happening on? Wondering if there’s a DIV that didn’t get closed out?

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly WordPress-focused podcast called Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  cdils.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  cdils.

weslinda
    Participant

I was wondering if that was going to be confusing. I did add a link (www.tylliebarbosa.com) but it’s not obvious that it’s the URL of the post. I added it in the new URL field that is a part of the new post form. ¬†This should be above my signature and have a title with it so folks know it’s connected to the post.

It’s across the site. All pages and posts use P instead of H1 for the SEO title.

Loving the Genesis Life!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  weslinda.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  weslinda.

cdils
    Participant

Ah! Okay, that’s actually perfectly normal behavior.

H1’s are reserved for individual page/post titles. The site title’s supposed to be in a paragraph tag. :)

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

weslinda
    Participant

That’s not my experience. I haven’t gone through everyone, but every other Genesis site I’ve pulled uses H1 there, not P. ¬†Across the board. I’m not sure why it would do that in THAT setup, and not the others.

Loving the Genesis Life!

cdils
    Participant

Now that I think about it…maybe the difference is when using theme support for a custom header, like

add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’…..

I could be making stuff up. But I swear I’ve seen that P in some themes.

weslinda
    Participant

Never mind, just ignore me, I live and breathe stupidity.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Ozzy
    Participant

i’m seeing posts that have an h1. the only page with a title i saw was the contact page. can you add a link to a page or post where you see this happening?

nevermind… you must have figured it out!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Ozzy. Reason: fix problem as i was writing
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Ozzy. Reason: fix problem as i was writing

weslinda
    Participant

I didn’t “figure” it out, I ended up making a quick function to make the site do it like I wanted it to. Replaced built in function with custom one.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.