P not H1 in Header

Community Forums Forums General Discussion P not H1 in Header

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  weslinda 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

weslinda
    Participant

So I built a custom theme for a client, and the question came back about H1′s on the page. It’s a custom design, but I’m curious as to why the title of the page is showing up in the header in a P instead of H1 like I’m accustomed to with Genesis.

Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

Loving the Genesis Life!

http://www.tylliebarbosa.com/

cdils
    Participant

Can you post a link? Also which pages (all pages?) is it happening on? Wondering if there’s a DIV that didn’t get closed out?

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  cdils.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  cdils.

weslinda
    Participant

I was wondering if that was going to be confusing. I did add a link (www.tylliebarbosa.com) but it’s not obvious that it’s the URL of the post. I added it in the new URL field that is a part of the new post form.  This should be above my signature and have a title with it so folks know it’s connected to the post.

It’s across the site. All pages and posts use P instead of H1 for the SEO title.

Loving the Genesis Life!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  weslinda.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  weslinda.

cdils
    Participant

Ah! Okay, that’s actually perfectly normal behavior.

H1′s are reserved for individual page/post titles. The site title’s supposed to be in a paragraph tag. :)

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

weslinda
    Participant

That’s not my experience. I haven’t gone through everyone, but every other Genesis site I’ve pulled uses H1 there, not P.  Across the board. I’m not sure why it would do that in THAT setup, and not the others.

Loving the Genesis Life!

cdils
    Participant

Now that I think about it…maybe the difference is when using theme support for a custom header, like

add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’…..

I could be making stuff up. But I swear I’ve seen that P in some themes.

weslinda
    Participant

Never mind, just ignore me, I live and breathe stupidity.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Ozzy
    Participant

i’m seeing posts that have an h1. the only page with a title i saw was the contact page. can you add a link to a page or post where you see this happening?

nevermind… you must have figured it out!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Ozzy. Reason: fix problem as i was writing
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Ozzy. Reason: fix problem as i was writing

weslinda
    Participant

I didn’t “figure” it out, I ended up making a quick function to make the site do it like I wanted it to. Replaced built in function with custom one.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.