Padding around content sidebar

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Padding around content sidebar

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Browne 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

pixiegrl

I have tried adjusting the width of my content sidebar and sidebar widget to no avail. I am trying to leave a little space in between the main content on the landing page and the sidebar. Also, I would love for the page to not have those wide margins on the left and right sides. A little white is ok, but I feel it takes up so much real estate and cramps things. If you could advise, I would appreciate it!

http://www.guardthedoor.com

David Browne
    Participant

To change with width of the sidebar find this in your stylesheet

.sidebar {
              width: 400px;
    }

and change the pixel value to whatever you need it to be.

To change the sidebar widget sizes, I’m guessing you wanted a bit of space so the text isn’t touching the border, then you just need to add some padding to the wrap. so for example, add..

.sidebar .widget-wrap {
             padding: 20px;
    }

or something similar.

We are Dave & Erin. Full time travellers and designers. Currently in Sydney. Follow us on Google +. I’m new to twitter so be the first to say hey Twitter

Note: Known to give only give negative critique on design. I don’t mean to offend anybody, it is just more efficient pointing out mistakes than saying “yes, its beautiful” every time. :)

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  David Browne.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  David Browne.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.