Padding / Margins and social share sidebar

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Padding / Margins and social share sidebar

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robin 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

gogreentravelgreen@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi – I’ve been trying to figure this out for hours and am stuck. I would like for there to be a bit more padding/margins on the sides of my site. I’m using the standard Genesis theme – I like the full width but it’s just a little too wide.
    >
    > Also, I want to add a social share sidebar – but I think because of the full-width issue this isn’t working? Do you have customizable code I can use for a sharebar that shows up with counts (eg # of tweets) alongside the post? When I used the Thesis theme they had these custom codes, but I’m not finding it on Studiopress.

http://gogreentravelgreen.com

Robin
    Participant

Try this, but carefully (I’d make a backup of your style.css in case you need to do a quick swapout if this doesn’t work the way you want it to):

At line 500 in your style.css, edit it to be something like this:
    `#content {
    padding: 0 40px 40px;
    padding: 0 2.5rem 2.5rem;
    }`
    (Right now it’s just padding the bottom of the content–this will add it to the sides as well, but not the top.)
    That’s going to make everything too wide to fit across, so you also need to go to line 395 and mess with that percentage, something like this:
    `.content-sidebar #content, .sidebar-content #content {
    width: 62.277778%;
    }`
    I just did this quickly with the Chrome developer tools and it looked all right. You may want to check it with that or Firebug before you change your actual files. HTH

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.