Page and Next on Minimum – How? (Again)

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Page and Next on Minimum – How? (Again)

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dssayer 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dssayer
    Participant

Hi Everyone!
    I’m looking for some eager help.

In this post from earlier this year, by user 58twelve, he asks the exact question I would like an answer to…

http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/page-and-next-on-minimum-how

How do I get the numbered page navigation with next/previous on home page just like the demo page:

http://demo.studiopress.com/minimum

The user mentions the theme-settings.php and an option in the Theme Settings page. What am I looking for in the theme-settings.php and I don’t see anything in the Theme Settings page.

Many thanks in advance.

Stewart
    Participant

Hi,

You need to goto Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archives – and change the Post Navigation Technique.

The Minimum them Demo is set to Numeric.

Hope this helps
    Stewart

WordPress Developer – Need help upgrading to Genesis 2.0?My Blog
    Follow me on Twitter

dssayer
    Participant

Hi Stewart,
    Thanks. I tried changing these but nothing happens. I should of mentioned that I don’t have any such navigation buttons appearing on any page currently. So, the type of navigation might not be the problem, it might be actually displaying of the navigation buttons that I’m missing.

Another thought….I think I have enough posts, including the sample posts, to warrant navigation. But if the number of posts on the home page is all of them, I guess it’s not needed and might turn off by default. So, do I need to change the number of recent posts on the home page to make the navigation show?

Thanks,
    David

dssayer
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    After my last post where I mentioned:

But if the number of posts on the home page is all of them, I guess it’s not needed and might turn off by default.

I went looking for a related settings. This was indeed the exact problem! For those interested here is the solution.

1. Goto Settings > Reading and change Blog pages show at most to a number less than your total number of posts. eg: In my case I set it to 4 because I had about 9 posts.

2. As Stewart advised, change the navigation type at Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archives and change the Post Navigation Technique as desired. eg: I wanted numeric for “1,2 Next”.

Now my home page only shows 4 posts with navigation buttons below. Fantastic!

Hope it helps someone else.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  dssayer.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  dssayer.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Page and Next on Minimum – How? (Again)’ is closed to new replies.