Page Speed Help

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Page Speed Help

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

pixiegrl

I just conducted a Google page speed test on my site and it came up slow for both mobile and desktop. Here is some of what it said “None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.” It also suggested optimizing images, minifying javascript and css and leveraging browser cache. Since I am new to this and new to Genesis, I’m at a loss for what I should or shouldn’t do-especially since all I can gather about the quoted info is that it is taking forever to load. I know my header is taking a long time, and I am not sure why. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

http://www.mamamouse.com

braddalton
    Participant

You can optimize your page loading times manually ny installing plugins like smashit and caching plugins as well as configuring a CDN however it won’t be as fast as using a good managed host who specialize in site speed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.