Page templates

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Page templates

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kevin
    Participant

I have created websites using the wordpress default theme (2011, 2012) and when I created a page template I would modify the page.php file to fit my needs and rename it. I want to create some custom pages (mainly for CPT) but I have no idea how to do this yet. Is there a tutorial or documentation that specifically shows how to create page templates?
    Thanks

braddalton
    Participant

There’s many however it depends on what type of template you want.

You’ll find many tutorials for creating CPT single.php and archive templates. http://surefirewebservices.com/development/genesis-framework/genesis-grid-style-page-template-with-custom-post-type

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Kevin
    Participant

Thanks Brad,
    This is a school’s website where I work. Each cluster (group of teachers) will post daily assignments. What I’m looking to do is this:
    1. I created a CPT that will allow a cluster to post homework for each subject (math, science, history, etc) in a text area using a wysiwyg editor
    2. I want to create a page template for each cluster that shows the CPT (e.g. c1homework.php, c2homework.php). The page will show the homework for each day as a post.
    3. So, homework for Monday, Sept, 16, 2013 will post, then the next day, they’ll post new assignments and the previous day’s assignments will be archived. So the c1homework.php page teamplate would show:
    English

Text for assignments

Math

Text for assignments

… and so on

Does that make sense? It’s the only logical way I could think to accomplish this rather than have them write a typical blog post. Open to any ideas/ suggestions.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Kevin.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Kevin.

braddalton
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.