Pages in the Metro Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Pages in the Metro Theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

triggers
    Participant

I have the Metro theme which I just purchased. I’m a bit confused about how/when to create pages in the editor.

I’ve just been adding posts. Do I need to make pages and assign posts to them?

Or is that necessary when I want to add for example a landing page?

Thanks!

braddalton
    Participant

Pages are static and should include timeless content like an about page, landing page, contact page.

You don’t assign posts to pages. You include them in your main menu. They are not assigned to a category and are not included in your rss feed.

Further reading http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/what-is-the-difference-between-posts-vs-pages-in-wordpress/

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

triggers
    Participant

Brad,

Thanks so much. This is a great resource. Much more thorough than what I was using.

Deb

braddalton
    Participant

Thanks. What where you using Deb?

triggers
    Participant

The tutorials from w/in the Metro/StudioPress Link. I figured it was so new I’d stick to that. But it leaves a lot of meaty info out. I just started my blog so a lot of this is new to me. I know a little html to get by.  Have tried other themes but it was taking too much time and didn’t like the results. Overall I really like the Metro theme. Very clean and with automatic signup forms in sidebar and below the post :)
    Just trying to decide if I should make the font size a bit smaller. But I think I’ll wait. Thanks for the tip on the H3. I only have 2 posts up so it will be an easy change. Have to add. I’ve been in a few other forums from other themes. You were the quickest to respond. I appreciate that!

Deb

braddalton
    Participant

Good luck. i base my content on the needs, challenges, frustrations and goals of my readers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pages in the Metro Theme’ is closed to new replies.