Pages/Post are Blank, Can't Edit

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Pages/Post are Blank, Can't Edit

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  j2001rad 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

j2001rad
    Participant

I’m using the Education theme 2.0 with WP 3.5

When I go to EDIT a page or post, the page is blank. I know the content is there because I can view the page in my browser.

Also, in the editing area, it is stuck on VISUAL. It will not allow me to switch to Text. I cannot access the screen options either.

I have disabled every plugin I have and that did not fix it. I use the same plugins on over 40 other sites.

I even switched themes to see if that corrected it and it did not.  Too much content involved to start over.

Any suggestions?

Anita
    Participant

Please post a link to your website so we can take a look. Thank you.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

j2001rad
    Participant

http://www.funandgames.biz

Replaced htaccess with a fresh one. No help

Also, when I try to edit one of my forms and click save, it will not save the changes

j2001rad
    Participant

Also just found out I can’t access my widgets to edit them

Anita
    Participant

Check this out – http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/css-for-visual-editor/. Scroll down to Susan’s response to see if this will work for you.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

j2001rad
    Participant

I had previously tried everything that Susan mentioned except clearing the cache on the server. That must have been the key. Here are the steps I took to fix it.

Disabled all plugins and renamed plugin folder to plugins-XXXX
    Deleted all WordPress Version 3.5 files and folders EXCEPT for wp-content and wp-config.php
    Had my host (Servint) reboot my server
    I emptied my browser cache for the 100th time during the reboot
    After server came back up, I installed WP version 3.4.2 except for the file and folder that I did not delete
    Renamed plugins folder back to normal
    Activated plugins one at a time and checked for errors
    No errors were found, previous issue has been fixed
    Upgraded to WP version 3.5 again, and rechecked for errors
    All is good now

Thank you to Anitac and also to Susan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pages/Post are Blank, Can't Edit’ is closed to new replies.