Pagination Like Twenty Thirteen Theme in Metro Pro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Pagination Like Twenty Thirteen Theme in Metro Pro

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rednasil
    Participant

Hi all, I’m trying to achieve pagination in Metro Pro like the one used in the Twenty Thirteen theme (like the bottom of this page http://listarama.com/20-clever-still-life-bent-objects/)

But I don’t know what code I should use.
    Can someone point me in the right direction??

http://listarama.com/20-clever-still-life-bent-objects/

nutsandbolts

In Genesis > Theme Settings under Content Archives, there is an option that says “Select post navigation technique.” Select numeric instead of previous/next and save your settings. :)

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Rednasil
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Andrea.. I have that option selected.
    But what I meant was when you split your post in two or more pages, you get some dull page number in the genesis theme.

But I want to have something that looks like what you get with the twenty thirteen theme.

nutsandbolts

Can you post a link to your site? You can always use CSS to change the way the pagination looks, but without seeing how it looks right now, it will be hard for us to help you figure out how to change it.

I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Rednasil
    Participant

You can take a look at one of the links above..
    I just activated the metro theme once again (forgot to do that first)

nutsandbolts

Okay, I was thinking that was how it looked – pretty plain. You can use a tool like Firebug or Chrome’s Inspector to hunt down the right div classes and add CSS rules to your stylesheet. If you’re using a plugin to paginate the posts, you might check to see if it has a stylesheet included. I wouldn’t make the changes in the plugin files because they’ll be overwritten when the plugin updates, but you can add them to your theme’s stylesheet. Hope that helps!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.