Pagination problem with StudioPress

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Pagination problem with StudioPress

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

qasimzaib
    Participant

Hello there!

I have a small problem that I can’t figure out. I’m using the StudioPress Magazine Pro theme on my blog, and I must say I really like it. But I have never been able to figure out one thing with StudioPress themes.

The default loop only appears if there are no widgets in the Home area. This default loop is perfect, as it has support for navigation etc. But we often need extra widgets in the home area. So I added some widgets to display posts (according to category) on the homepage of my site; http://techeclipse.com/

Now here’s the problem. Having these widgets removes the default loop and hence the pagination, which is important for a blog. Now to still have pagination, I have edited the homepage file to include the default loop even when there are widgets. Again, there’s a problem, because the posts get repeated (since they are already being displayed in the widgets, and then again in the default loop)

My question is, is there any way to exclude the already existing posts from the default loop? If not, what layout would you guys recommend I should have on my blog?

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
    Qasim Zaib

http://techeclipse.com

nutsandbolts

Hi Qasim,

I would try the Genesis Sandbox Featured Content plugin to replace the default Genesis Featured Posts widget. It provides an option so that the bottom widget area on the page will work with pagination, which should solve your problem. That way you won’t need the loop on the homepage.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.