Panic Stations…

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Panic Stations…

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  liferightfoundation 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

liferightfoundation

Hi guys
    I have purchased the NEWS child theme, installed it and imported the demo file but the whole thing is now a car crash that looks nothing like the demo, or our site beforehand…
    Hopefully it’s something obvious I have done wrong but please could anyone offer some salvation to my incapability?!

The site is http://www.theliferightfoundation.org and I need to get it back to life within the next few hours at most.

Thank you

Phil

http://www.theliferightfoundation.org

wp guy
    Participant

First, head into the widget area and see “what’s where.” You imported the demo content and set the menu to the demo pages. Make sure you choose the menu you want as the primary navigation.

liferightfoundation

Thanks for the tip re: the menu. Still looks nothing like the demo that I’ve imported though? I don’t care if it looks identical, as I will be able to work from there with our own content… It just doesn’t!!

wp guy
    Participant

Your menu and the demo look identical. Your site doesn’t look like the demo because you need to put what you want into the primary sidebar widget and put the featured posts widget into the correct widget areas so it matches the demo.

Go into your widget area – this is your issue.

liferightfoundation

Thanks again. I thought the demo.xml would import all of the demo posts etc and lay out the content as per the demo???
    is that not the case?

wp guy
    Participant

Unfortunately no. Importing the demo content does not configure the site to look like the demo. It only imports the content. You have to go into your widgets arrange it to look like the demo.

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

To set up the theme like the demo, the tutorials for this are here://my.studiopress.com/setup/

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

liferightfoundation

Thank you :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.