Parallax Pro – Embedded Youtube Video Scrolls in Front of Top Banner (IE)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Parallax Pro – Embedded Youtube Video Scrolls in Front of Top Banner (IE)

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

cstreet
    Participant

I am using the Parallax Pro theme, and have a youtube video embedded in Home Section 3 (widget module). Everything works fine in Firefox and Chrome, but of course, our good friend Internet Explorer decides to scroll the embedded video over the top of the top banner.

I am testing this with IE 9. I have had multiple people say they see the same thing with IE.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

AC
    Blocked

Please provide a link to your site so we can take a look.

cstreet
    Participant

beta site: http://crossfitwarpath.cstreetmedia.com

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Susan. Reason: Removed user name & password
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Susan. Reason: Removed user name & password

AC
    Blocked

Open up your video code – at the end of the URL – add this, ?wmode=transparent, save it and let’s look again.

cstreet
    Participant

Thank you for the quick response.

It is still happening on my end. Here is the full embed code with the addition you mentioned:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WMUXw8J2Kto?feature=player_detailpage?wmode=transparent" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AC
    Blocked

It’s not doing it on mine. Are you PC or Mac? Try my code. I moved the position.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WMUXw8J2Kto?wmode=transparent?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cstreet
    Participant

PC. It only happens in Internet Explorer. I am testing in IE 9 right now.

Still happening after moving the code around.

AC
    Blocked

I am using IE 10 and it was perfect before I gave you the code. What version of IE are you using? Clear your cache.

cstreet
    Participant

IE 9 – Tried both ways after clearing cache each time. No dice.

AC
    Blocked

That’s really strange. This is what I see. It’s UNDER the navigation – not over it. Can you do a screenshot on your end?

cstreet
    Participant

cstreet
    Participant

And this is the current code to match that last screenshot:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WMUXw8J2Kto?feature=player_embedded?wmode=transparent" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For what its worth, it does the same thing in IE 8, but I am not concerned about that. Just 9 and above.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  cstreet.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  cstreet.

AC
    Blocked

I see a tidbit on the Google search that the code stops working when you have the player code. But try this code:

<iframe width=”640″ height=”360″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/WMUXw8J2Kto?feature=player_embedded” frameborder=”0″ wmode=”Opaque” allowfullscreen></iframe>

Repositioned the code and changed transparent to opaque.

cstreet
    Participant

AC
    Blocked

Whoa! Okay then let’s do this – grab the OLD embed code and add the &mode-transparent to that – then apply it to the site. Let’s see if it does it with the old code.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.