Parallax Pro reduced experience on Windows Chrome

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Parallax Pro reduced experience on Windows Chrome

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

LisaMB
    Participant

Hey Tom,

Here’s their response: “I asked a couple other members of the support team to check the scrolling in Chrome and they don’t notice a big difference. By chance, are you using a mousewheel? If so, browsers do handle those differently. There is nothing in the theme that changes the behavior of mousewheels or other hardware.”

I’d prefer not to add an extension but they seemed to think it was the fault of the browser more than anything else.

It enhanced the scrolling but technically I’m not that savvy so couldn’t explain it any further than that!

Tom
    Participant

Hi Lisa,

Chromium Wheel Smooth Scroller customizes the interaction between the mouse wheel and the browser. so the window and components might scroll visibly more smoothly.

But it doesn’t do anything to affect the interaction of the browser and the Parallax themes javascript. And it’s the javascript that adjusts the HTML/CSS that redraws the position of the background image as you scroll, sliding one image (background) up the screen at a different rate than that of the rest of the screen content scrolling up the page. The different rates are what define the ‘parallax effect’.

I’m convinced there’s a difference in how the various parallax designs and calculations affect the effect. For me Themify’s Parallax theme looks good scrolling on Chrome, FFx and IE11.

Like you I do find a difference with StudioPress’ theme. For instance the following is a sample of how Firefox displays a scroll down Parallax Pro’s home page: Parallax-Pro with Firefox. Items don’t get drawn on the screen or are misplaced. It’s a train wreck. But I figure it must be something unique to me, because I haven’t heard of anyone else having the same experience.

Choose your next site design from over 350 Genesis themes.
    Updates via GenesisThemes.ca | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.