Parallax Pro Responsive Widget Problem

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Parallax Pro Responsive Widget Problem

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  covert 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

covert
    Participant

Parallax Pro

Setting up a static front page and entering information into “Home Section 1″ with a text widget.

All the information including the “Continue Reading Button” appears on my lap top and my iMac.

However on iTouch, Nexus 7, iPad Mini the button is and some text does not appear.

Cut the amount of text – same problem. Background picture sized according to instructions..

Chrome main browser but tried others.

MY searches did not turn up an answer. But being a relative beginner, I may be missing the obvious.

• This topic was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  covert.
    • This topic was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  covert.
    http://weightychoice.com

Tom
    Participant

At 1139px width the page becomes so narrow that the text area changes and can no longer display all your text and some becomes hidden. This will also happen as you resize your PC or Mac browser, Chrome or otherwise.

The home-section-1 widget area is like a page in a book – only so big – and not really designed to accommodate the large amount of text you are trying to place there, especially on a smaller screen. The Parallax theme is designed more to lead with concise, brief text snippets that are intriguing, drawing the reader down the page without trying to tell the story all at once. So you could try to craft your sales message more carefully to match the theme design.

If you must alter the theme to keep that big block of text up top, place this code in the bottom of your style.css file.

.home-section-1 {
        background-attachment: fixed;
     }

Choose your next site design from over 350 Genesis themes.
    Updates via GenesisThemes.ca | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr

covert
    Participant

Thank You. I will consider modifying the style.css. On the other hand now that I know the sections work like a “page” I will also work on making my text more concise. … probably more pleasing visually. I will continue to learn Genesis & Parallax and find or make better backgrounds. …. and and.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.