photography website, best for organizing images

Community Forums Forums General Discussion photography website, best for organizing images

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tracy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tracy
    Participant

I have a photographer client who is interested in me redoing his site with a WordPress theme. I have used a couple different child themes now and the image organizing may not be the best for him. He has numerous bird species and categories that he needs to organize. Before I jump in and choose a template can anyone enlighten me and / or suggest the best template and plugins for this type of site?

ramseyp
    Participant

Tracy, you might take the approach of using a custom post type.

The idea is this: You make the post type of Photos. I would also create two custom taxonomies, one for species, one for bird categories. This way he can sort & group the Photos.

Does that make sense?

Tracy
    Participant

Thankyou for your reply, yes I think it makes sense… I’ve been playing with the Manhattan theme and 2 plugins to see how that works. One plugin was recommended or suggested through the studiopress help - Shiba Media Library and the other I found called Easy Media Gallery. I guess I’m getting somewhere with them but he has so many categories and subcategories it may get a bit confusing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.