PHP code to display posts from Theme Settings / Blog Page Template category

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks PHP code to display posts from Theme Settings / Blog Page Template category

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  colkav 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

media
    Participant

Hi everyone.

First time poster, so please be kind (and point me in the right direction) if I’m posting in the wrong area. Searched the forums and couldn’t find an answer.

I’m creating a custom page template in PHP (the page doesn’t use the Genesis hooks except for the header/footer/sidebar) with the Generate child theme.

I want this custom page to display posts from the category as set in Theme Settings / Blog Page Template / Exclude the following Category IDs:.

Can anyone help me out with the PHP for this? I saw it on another site a few days ago, can’t seem to find it again. Currently I’m using query_posts and an array to hard code a category in the template, but I want the category generated from the Theme Settings page.

P.S. I’m OK at PHP but this is my first time (and a once off) using Genesis hence I haven’t gotten into hooks.

media
    Participant

Oops – I meant…

I want this custom page to display posts from the category as set in Theme Settings / Blog Page Template / Display which category:.

(not Exclude the following Category IDs:)

colkav
    Participant

Hi media,

Perhaps not exactly what your after, but this might be helpful:

http://www.briangardner.com/blog-page-single-category/

and possibly this:
    http://graphnickdesign.com/blog/custom-genesis-category-page/

I’m no PHP coder, so can’t really help there.  I’m just looking around for a similar solution.

Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.