Please Help!

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Please Help!

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Joseph Lee
    Participant

I have been using Genesis for days. I have the plugin that builds sidebars and assigns them to each page.

One of my pages will not see the sidebar I assign it to in the back office. I made the sidebar in simple sidebars. I then chose that sidebar on the page and updated it. It still shows the default sidebar though.

Please help this is a client site

Joseph Lee
    Participant

None of my pages are calling sidebars. Only the default sidebar.

AC
    Blocked

Please share the URL to the site you are working on so we can take a look. Thank you.

Joseph Lee
    Participant

http://pensacolahome.com/22-2

This page should not have the default sidebar, the site has been working fine for days.

AC
    Blocked

The Primary Sidebar will show up if nothing is in the newly created sidebars. Drag some widgets into them and they should appear.

Joseph Lee
    Participant

There are items in the widget area. It’s still not showing up.

AC
    Blocked

What are the names of your new sidebars – are you using the Genesis Simple Sidebars?

Joseph Lee
    Participant

I am using Genesis simple sidebar. I have named sidebars and made new pages. No page will display the sidebar… Has ANYONE else had this problem???

Joseph Lee
    Participant

Oops! You are trying to delete a sidebar that does not exist, or cannot be deleted

I tried to delete one of the sidebars in simple sidebar and this is the message I received. Someone please assist me from Studio Press.

Joseph Lee
    Participant

I have a sidebar that was created with Simple Sidebar. When I called the sidebar to a page, the default sidebar would show instead. When I went back to the back office, the sidebar selector was set to default. I would reset it to the sidebar, reload the back office, and it would be on default again.

I went back to Simple Sidebar. I tried to delete the sidebar but I get an “oops this sidebar does not exist” page. The sidebar is on my list but I can not delete it.

Is this going to be an error I have to live with?

AC
    Blocked

Joseph, you already have a discussion started on this subject matter here – http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/please-help/. You should only post your problem one time.

AC
    Blocked

Please be patient. This is a volunteer forum and responders will get to you. But you cannot create multiple posts on the same subject matter. Again, what did you name the new sidebars?

Joseph Lee
    Participant

I have made another sidebar. It is all working fine now. However, I have a sidebar named 22 that is showing up on my widget screen and in my simple sidebar plugin area. I can’t use that widget area. When I try to delete it it gives me a “oops” message.

How can I remove the widget manually? I looked in my child theme functions, and in the edit mode of the plugin. I don’t see where the plug registers the sidebars. Is that in the parent theme?

I also hope that it does not crash in the future. I think it crashed the same time I used “Events+” by wpmu dev.

googlegirl
    Participant

ya i agree with anitac .The Primary Sidebar will show up if nothing is in the newly created sidebars.

Lavy Garcia
    Participant

The primary side bar show you nothing.

Every thing is possible in life.So,be prepare.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.