Plugin page templates

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Plugin page templates

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  NWTD 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

NWTD
    Participant

I’m creating a plugin that creates a custom post type and will include page templates related to this custom post type: single-{post_type}.php; taxonomy-{taxonomy_name}.php, and page-{page_name}.php

I’m currently developing this on a test site that’s using the TwentyTwelve theme. Everything is working great so far. I intend to use this plugin on sites that currently have the Genesis Framework and on sites without. I’d like to create these templates so they are compatible across the board.

What’s the best route to do that? Should I remove the current `<?php get_header(); ?>`, `<?php get_sidebar(); ?>`, `<?php get_footer(); ?>` with the actual contents of those files?

braddalton
    Participant

You may want to take a look at Justin Tadlock’s site as he offers support for plugin developers at a very reasonable price.

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

NWTD
    Participant

Are there any other tutorials, documentations, examples or otherwise that might be able to point me in the right direction rather than relying on paid support from a third party? I’ve scoured the tutorials and code snippets and can’t find anything really for accomplishing this.

Is there a way to check if the genesis framework is used on a site and then use conditionals to create the page templates?

NWTD
    Participant

…bump…

I can’t seem to find any documentation worthy to point me in the right direction on making sure that these page templates are compatible with my Genesis Framework themes…any thoughts?

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.