Plus Signs on Fancy Menus

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Plus Signs on Fancy Menus

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  VAW2012 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

VAW2012
    Participant

I’m using Genesis on a project with just the sample child theme. I like the way that the fancy menus work because they’re nice and tidy when viewed on phones. Only thing is I’ve styled them so each menu item has a custom background image gradient. On the submenus it’s fine, but I’d like to be able to change the plus sign PNGs which by default are a dark silvery grey.

On my menu I have two settings, a blue gradient background image for the active or visited menu state and then a light grey background for the current page or hover.

I’d like to be able to change the plus sign images also, so that they change colour according to the menu state. (dark blue on a light blue background by default, black on the light grey menu when current or hover)

I’ve found the images referenced in the child theme’s style.css and tried a few tweaks but nothing’s worked. I need it to work with both the default and the responsive settings.

Any ideas?

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

Please post a link to your site

VAW2012
    Participant

Hi Nick, I’m unable to do this due to a confidentiality agreement. However if you look at the demo site you’ll see what I mean, the little plus signs on the dropdowns: http://demo.studiopress.com/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.