Portfolio plugin – do you know what this one is?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Portfolio plugin – do you know what this one is?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PhaseCreative 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

PhaseCreative
    Participant

I am desperate to implement a portfolio such as the one seen on this premium genesis theme: http://demo.zigzagpress.com/?theme=bijou > I am happy to pay for the plugin/code if it works. I’m reworking minimum for my own site but would like to show the portfolio in a more elegant way than minimum currently allows.

Anyone have any ideas on how to achieve this? I’ve seen on many sites before. Just need the folio section and to be able to apply it on a portfolio page + a limited version on the hompage.

Thanks in advance. Cath

Based in Sydney, I design and produce creative websites for small business and enthusiastic bloggers. Follow on twitter

braddalton
    Participant

I’d suggest you add the code which creates the direction aware hover effect to your Genesis child themes portfolio styling.

I have tried this on several of the SP themes which include a portfolio page and it works fine.

Be aware that even though this code works on all browsers, some of these fancy CSS tricks don’t work on all versions.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

PhaseCreative
    Participant

Thanks Brad, I’ll check it out. It’s actually the filtering capabilities I’m most interested in (styling is not a problem). I also would love to customise the page the posts are generated on – so have some navigation on each portfolio post, plus the ‘recent projects’ posts also shown underneath. A tricky weave for this php novice!

(a plugin or jquery injection is what I think is needed here, but one that has the portfolio post type in mind.

Based in Sydney, I design and produce creative websites for small business and enthusiastic bloggers. Follow on twitter

braddalton
    Participant

You’ll find a download link to all the source files in the tutorial written for these CSS tricks! Includes .js files.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

PhaseCreative
    Participant

Thanks again, I didn’t realise it was a tute. I have a lot of learning to do, but eventually I should be able to make it work with that info. Cheers. Still curious to know if there is a plugin (this lazy designer just wants it to work!)

bandj
    Participant

there is a nice plugin called media grid

PhaseCreative
    Participant

Thanks bandj, I’ve looked into that one, but I wasn’t a fan of the jigsaw approach. I guess though, if all my images were the same size, this wouldn’t be a issue… might work actually!

PhaseCreative
    Participant

I went with media grid in the end. Thank you!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Portfolio plugin – do you know what this one is?’ is closed to new replies.