Portfolio Plugin

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Portfolio Plugin

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

getmethod
    Participant

Has StudioPress developed/released a portfolio plugin? Looking back at a blog post on Brian Gardener’s site, it seemed that there was one on the way. http://www.briangardner.com/portfolio-page/

braddalton
    Participant

They never went ahead and developed that one as its fairly easy adding a portfolio page using code.

Travis Smith has already developed a plugin which is still in beta. http://wpsmith.net/plugins/genesis-portfolio-beta/

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

getmethod
    Participant

Brad,

Thanks for the information! I’ll check out the plugin, but looking closer at Brian’s blog post, it should be straight forward to add the portfolio manually. Just wish there was a way to easily add one with category filters.

Thanks,
    Derek

braddalton
    Participant

What do you mean by category filters?

Summer
    Participant

There are several Genesis child themes out there that use custom post types for portfolios, and they have portfolio categories that can be selected during display.

Derby by Themedy is one that I’ve added a portfolio category selector to (but the client changed their mind later so I removed it), and both Megalithe and Prestige by ZigZagPress are themes that have a portfolio category selector (jQuery based).

There’s another plugin, Portfolio Post Type (instead of the Genesis one) that I’ve been meaning to test out, just haven’t gotten to it yet.

braddalton
    Participant

I know you can use the same code for all of your category archives. I have tried this on half a dozen themes and found it to be very easy.

The only adjustment is for the featured image size and width which will be the same for all archives using the same theme.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.