Portfolio in sidebar not displaying

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Portfolio in sidebar not displaying

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mecavegirl 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mecavegirl
    Participant

Hello, I just purchased the Minimum theme yesterday.  I’m working on the portfolio functionality.  I created a couple of portfolio posts and would like to use them as seen in the demo.

A previous post said to go to Appearance>Widgets and drop a Featured Page into the Portfolio section in the sidebar.  I have no sidebar section for Portolio.  My sidebar area contains: Header Right, Primary Sidebar, Home Featured 1-4, Customer Footer, Footer 1-3.

I see the “My Portfolio” and Subscribe button on my home page.

Genesis theme version= 1.9.1

Minimum child theme version=2.0.1

I deleted the Theme and reintalled to no avail.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Renee

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  mecavegirl.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  mecavegirl.

SoZo

That is for the older version of the portfolio template. The newer one use a portfolio custom post type as explained in the theme’s setup instructions

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

mecavegirl
    Participant

Thank you for pointing out that there was an old version of a portfolio template.  I’ll stop looking for that.

Setting up the Portfolio page as shown in the demo is not described in the how-to guide.

For those of you reading my post because you had a similar question, if you want to set up a portfolio page like the theme, you’ll need to create a Portfolio post from the custom post type “Portfolio”.    You’ll need to create a gallery through the Add Media button during the creation of the post.

Once your gallery is created, you can add this Portfolio post as a menu item.   Go to Appearance>Menus and look for the Portfolio section.  It should show up underneath the section for Pages.  There you will find your portfolio post page and can choose it to add to a menu.

Now when you click on the menu item from your url, your gallery for your portfolio post will display.   If you need text to display along with your images, go back into  the gallery you created in your portfolio post and fill out the Caption field and the Description field.

This may not be the only way to accomplish this, but it is the way I finally figured it out for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.