Post divider image on front page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Post divider image on front page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

cranialhiccups

I am using Lifestyle Pro and want to use an image to create a divider between posts. I want it to show up on the front page. I have tried adding an image in css but it overlaps the text. Is there anyone who can help me do this? I have Simple Hooks as well and can use that, I just don’t know how.

The site is in maintenance mode, but I don’t think this is a major thing. I had no problems doing it when I was using Thesis, just can’t figure it out here.

http://www.cranialhiccups.com

braddalton
    Participant

Where exactly do you want to position the image?

cranialhiccups

I would like it to be at the bottom center of each post (or post excerpt as in on the front page) as a separator.

braddalton
    Participant

Try this http://wpsites.net/web-design/add-content-after-any-number-of-post-excerpts-in-any-type-of-archive/

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  braddalton.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  braddalton.

cranialhiccups

Thanks, Brad. I will try it. Appreciate your willingness to help!

cranialhiccups

Just a quick question: where do I put the code? Do I put it in simple hooks somewhere? Also, I think I need to have it insided the Featured Posts widget….I am completely unfamiliar with Genesis. I got fed up with Thesis and so I am here now. It’s a bit of a learning curve for me because I am not a real coder.

braddalton
    Participant

Please paste it at the end of your child themes functions.php file using a text editor like Notepad++

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.