Post Footer

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

NRay
    Participant

I have been using the “WP Post Footer Library” Plugin to display different disclosures and such on certain posts. However when I recently changed my theme over to a Genesis Child Theme, the plugin stopped working. I don’t know why changing the theme would affect the plugin. I have tried everything I can think of yet cannot get it to work. The options show on my post editor screen as it should, however the footer insert does not show below the post as it used to. It doesn’t show at all, on any posts new or old.

Has anyone else ever experienced this or have any ideas as to what could be the problem? Or if you know of a better way to do what this plugin does I’m open to suggestions.

braddalton
    Participant

You can use the Genesis Simple hooks plugin or the Genesis Simple Edits plugin.

You can also use a custom function.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

RichardNJ
    Participant

I wanted to put some copyright info to appear at the end of every post…however having a problem figuring out what block in the Genesis Simple hooks or Simple edits section to put it in. I’ve tried a few I thought would work and saved it, however it doesn’t show up in the posts.

braddalton
    Participant

Please use the above code and change the hook from genesis_footer to genesis_entry_footer in the code.

You will also need to add a conditional check after the function like this:

Please copy ALL the code from the view raw link and paste it at the end of your child themes functions.php file using a text editor like Notepad++

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.