Post Info with Simple Edits

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Post Info with Simple Edits

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tmstudiouser 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tmstudiouser
    Participant

Sixteen Nine Pro Theme

I’m using Genesis Simple Edits so that I can have categories and tags under the title.
    I’d like to change “Filed Under” to “See More”.

I’ve tried adding the code I found here:

Doesn’t change when Simple Edits plugin is active. If I deactive the plugin, the “Filed Under” does change to “See More” but is moved back beneath the post. How can I keep this beneath the title?

Thanks.

http://www.funnyjokes.com

steffie
    Participant

Hi

I was having exactly the same problem – was driving me completely insane.. But whilst writing a great big reply to you something just dawned on me..

By putting two and two together (and discovering that Simple Edits is a bit misleading..) I put the following short code in the Post info box:

[post_categories before="in "] I wanted to get rid of the filed under altogether. I also wanted it all on one line, and changed the following css code:

.entry-categories,
    .entry-tags {
    display: inline;
    }
    changed block to inline.

Simple edits looks like you can only use the codes on the screen, but if you click the link to the comprehensive list…. you can use those as well.

I have spent weeks on this…. talk about a light bulb moment.

Now I just need to work out how to get my comments from under my “Read the full story” to sit next to it.

Hope this helps.

Stephanie

steffie
    Participant

Sorry… I was also told to do the following by someone re getting the post meta under the post title:

If you remove all of this coding:

//* Remove the post info function
    remove_action( ‘genesis_entry_header’, ‘genesis_post_info’, 12 );

//* Customize the post meta function
    add_filter( ‘genesis_post_meta’, ‘sp_post_meta_filter’ );
    function sp_post_meta_filter($post_meta) {
    if ( !is_page() ) {
    $post_meta = ‘[post_date] [post_comments]‘;
    return $post_meta;
    }}

If you go ahead and remove the section “Remove the post info function”, that will allow your post info to be below your post title, and not at the bottom of the post.

Then, if you go ahead and remove the “Customize the Post Meta function”, you can install the simple edits plugin, and make any changes you want to make.

Either that, or customize those sections of the functions.php file.

stephanie

tmstudiouser
    Participant

Thanks Stephanie! Your first tip was just what I was looking for. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.