Post Info won't go away

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Post Info won't go away

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  transmitstudio 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

transmitstudio
    Participant

I’m trying to use the standard code to put the post_info above entry titles:

//* Position post info above post title 
    remove_action( 'genesis_entry_header', 'genesis_post_info', 12 );
    add_action( 'genesis_entry_header', 'genesis_post_info', 9 );

Unfortunately, the result is that I now have that info both and above and below the title. So the add_action part is working, but for some reason the remove_action is not. I’ve been screwing around with this for an hour and I’m going nuts. Anyone else ever see this?

http://news.agilysys.com/update

transmitstudio
    Participant

Okay, this gets weirder. NO remove_action commands are respected. What the…

essaysnark
    Participant

I dealt with something similar recently too and IIRC in our case, it had to do with an add_filter('genesis_post_info' ... statement being used in some conditionals on the front page. See if you’ve turned on that filter elsewhere; if so, trying using the remove_filter to turn it off.

transmitstudio
    Participant

Thanks! I had high hopes that was it, but I’m headed back to the head scratching…

transmitstudio
    Participant

Oh, this gets weirder. No “remove_action” is working anywhere. What could that possibly mean?

coralseait
    Participant

I seem to recall reading somewhere that genesis simple edits could produce similar behaviour in limited cases, but I don’t think it would hamper ALL remove_actions.

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    I tested your code, and it works great on my setup. I’m running it from functions.php, that is, the typical way.

FYI, I have WP 3.9.1 and Genesis 2.1.2, and no hook plugins.

My guess would be that some plugin is now interfering, or depending on your set-up, some experimentation with priorities could be done.

Sorry that’s not conclusive.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

transmitstudio
    Participant

Thanks, Dave. I’m going to try switching plugins off one at a time to see if that’s the case. Coral Sea, that was our first thought as well, but we don’t have Simple Edits installed on this site.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.