February 2, 2014 at 2:41 pm #88217
I’m using the original Lifestyle Child Theme. The Blog page is not displaying two posts of a certain category (Calling & Livelihood) no matter what I try:
- Blog page is set to use Blog template
- Calling & Livelihood category is a new one, replacing original category called Livelihood. You’ll see “Livelihood” still exists on the Blog page in the third section but is empty. This needs to just go away!
- The Featured Post is displayed at the top as it should, even though it is also categorized as Calling & Livelihood.
- The Your Calling & Livelihood page displays both posts correctly.
- I have not added or updated any plugins recently.
- Theme Settings/Blog Page Template:
– set to display 10 posts (there are 5 published total)
– set to display all categories
– testing various settings here (setting to display Calling & Livelihood, setting to display Environment) neither tests worked. For instance, setting Environment posts only still showed all posts except Calling & Livelihood.
- I have been deleting my caches periodically.
Note: yesterday, I lost my Theme Color selection and it went back to the default Lifestyle Aqua color. I spent all day yesterday putting *that* back together (with help from Summer, TYSM!). I wonder if this is related?
Appreciate your help
Jenniferhttp://www.holistichowto.com/blogFebruary 2, 2014 at 3:46 pm #88219
I believe the “Livelihood” tag is being confused with the previous “Livelihood” category. But go to Settings > Permalinks. Change it to the Default setting and Save it. Then go back and change the permalinks back to what they were set at originally. Let me know if that works.
February 2, 2014 at 5:52 pm #88245
Hi anitac. I do think you’re right that there is some confusion.
I tried what you suggested: set the Permalink setting back to the default. My pages then went into redirect loops and wouldn’t load at all. I set it back to /%category%/%postname%/ – and the pages loaded again, however, I still have the same issues:
- the orphan Livelihood category remains on the Blog page with no posts underneath.
- the two “your-calling-and-livelihood” posts appear under the page of the same category name, but will not display on the Blog page.
I also deleted all tags, categories containing “livelihood” and the lone Livelihood heading remained.
What I did notice is in Firebug is this. On the Blog page:
Relationships Category (which does work and display its posts on Blog page) contains this code:
<h4 class=”widget-title widgettitle”>Relationships</h4>
<div class=”post-463 post type-post status-publish format-standard hentry category-social entry”>
Mind, Body & Spirit Category (which also works and displays its posts on Blog page) contains this code:
<h4 class=”widget-title widgettitle”>Mind, Body & Spirit</h4>
<div class=”post-164 post type-post status-publish format-standard hentry category-mind-body-spirit entry”>
Livelihood on the Blog page only contains this:
<h4 class=”widget-title widgettitle”>Livelihood</h4> it is not followed by the same <div>
???February 2, 2014 at 6:01 pm #88247February 2, 2014 at 6:24 pm #88256
Hi – I’m not sure I understand. Each category has its slug – what am I comparing this to?February 2, 2014 at 6:27 pm #88258
This is indicative of a “widget”:
<h4 class=”widget-title widgettitle”>Livelihood</h4>
Look in your widgets. You have a widget in there named Livelihood. Remove it.
February 2, 2014 at 6:37 pm #88262
That was it. I vaguely recall doing this back in 2012 when I originally set this site up, then left it for two years.
Big sigh! I really appreciate your help.February 2, 2014 at 6:48 pm #88263
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.