Pre-purchase question re: streamline widget areas

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Pre-purchase question re: streamline widget areas

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  madbaker 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

madbaker
    Participant

Hi. First off, if there is a better way to learn before you buy (ie a sandbox area or the like) please point me there!

I was watching the “agency” theme video and love how there are several widget areas one could use, not just in the footer and sidebar. It matches the design of the site I have in mind.

However, I’d really like to buy “streamline”. The colours and fonts are spot on what I’d like.

Does “streamline” have those multiple widget areas like “agency” does?

Also, will streamline let me use a custom header logo?

If so, I think I can use streamline without any major customization, which would be huge for me.

Thanks,

Mark

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  madbaker. Reason: Mistyped a tag
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  madbaker. Reason: Mistyped a tag
    Http://orangeboot.ca

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

Hi Mark,

Below are the default widget areas that come with Streamline:

screenshot

You should be able to co-relate as to where these appear on the site by looking at the demo site.

In addition to these, it is also possible to create any number of custom widget areas and hook these at any location of your choice.

Regarding custom logo in the header, yes it is possible. Follow this.

After adding the suggested PHP code in that article to functions.php, the following could be added to remove the site description:

//* Remove the site description
    remove_action( 'genesis_site_description', 'genesis_seo_site_description' );

and this in style.css:

#title-area {
        padding-top: 0;
        margin-top: 1rem;
    }

to get, for example,

screenshot

madbaker
    Participant

Sweet. Thanks Sridhar. That’s just what I needed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.