Pretty Pictures Theme Margins

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Pretty Pictures Theme Margins

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

inesphere
    Participant

I am hopeless when it comes to changing the theme in any way and need help with reducing the space between posts. I am using the Pretty Pictures Theme found at http://demo.studiopress.com/pretty-pictures/. I would like to reduce the space/margins so that there isn’t so much empty space after each post. I have tried making changes in the Editor, but failed.  I simply don’t know what exactly I need to change. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

braddalton
    Participant

Try changing the value for padding on line 345 [css] padding: 8% 20%;[/css]of your child themes style.css file:
    [css]
    .author-box div, .hentry, .navigation, #comments, #footer .wrap, #header .wrap, #nav, #respond {
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 8% 20%;
    width: 60%;
    }
    [/css]
    To
    [css]
    .author-box div, .hentry, .navigation, #comments, #footer .wrap, #header .wrap, #nav, #respond {
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 1% 20%;
    width: 60%;
    }
    [/css]

inesphere
    Participant

I followed your instructions and bam the space between my posts decreased; however, this also lead to a drastic decrease in my header. So, I decreased the padding from 8% to 5% to retain a bit more of my header. To be specific, the width of the header didn’t change but the height (not sure if this is the right term) went from being the highlight of the front page to looking more like a banner. If you happen to have any suggestions for how I can change header size after decreasing the padding between posts, it would be greatly appreciated.

Again thank you!

braddalton
    Participant

There must be a better solution for this. Let me try and find one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.