Pretty Young Theme – Content Sidebar Problem

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Pretty Young Theme – Content Sidebar Problem

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  NRay 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

NRay
    Participant

I have been customizing the genesis pretty young theme on my developmental subdomain. When I got everything customized the way I wanted it I copied the files over to my main domain. (I copied the entire theme folder so all css and functions are the exact same.)

The Dev. Testing blog: http://dev.exhaustedmommy.com/blog
    The blog: http://exhaustedmommy.com

You can see everything looks fine on the test blog.  But for some reason when I activated the theme on my actual blog the theme is all whacky. The content is across the entire container and the sidebar below the content instead of to the right. And the “pretty pink” css doesn’t seem to be loading.

I can’t seem to figure this one out, any help with what is going on here and how to help fix it would be greatly appreciated.

AC
    Blocked

When you copy things over – you still have to go back and move all the widgets into the appropriate place. The positions don’t copy over.

NRay
    Participant

I have already removed all widgets except the few in the primary sidebar. Is this something I need to do with the code? I have done as much trial and error I can think of with the content-sidebar-wrap widths and such, but I was hoping someone with a fresh set of eyes could shine some light on this. Maybe catch something I am missing after working on it so long, or point me in the right direction of where to start anyways.

AC
    Blocked

What version is Genesis is on the Development site and what version is on the LIVE site? The LIVE site should be the same Genesis version as the development site.

NRay
    Participant

They are both the same genesis.

NRay
    Participant

I figured this one out, believe it or not it was a very simple syntax problem I had missed. It’s amazing how such simple things can throw your theme so out of whack. For anyone else who stumbles on this problem, no matter how much you think you have everything right, always check this first, and again being they are so easy to overlook.

Thank you for trying to help anitac.

Marked Resolved.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pretty Young Theme – Content Sidebar Problem’ is closed to new replies.