Primary nav bar with minus top margin

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Primary nav bar with minus top margin

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  babrees 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

babrees
    Participant

Hi.

http://shop.papillonnet.co.uk/ on magazine-pro theme.

I have raised the nav-bar with margin-top: -53px; This works fine but the menu items do not move with it. I have tried all sorts of different ways to try and move them up so that they are in the nav bar, but nothing seems to work!

Any ideas?

• This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  babrees.
    • This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  babrees.
    http://shop.papillonnet.co.uk/

anitac
    Participant

The Genesis Nav is in the Nav Wrap. Try repositioning the Primary Nav above the header and then giving it a larger top margin.

//* Reposition the primary navigation menu
    remove_action( 'genesis_after_header', 'genesis_do_nav' );
    add_action( 'genesis_before_header', 'genesis_do_nav' );

When you do this, you’ll may need to tweak your media queries for mobile devices.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

genwrock

go to line no 1190 of your style.css file

and this line top:-43px;

Working as a freelancer & helping the people on forum | Chinmoy @ PWD | Please Follow Me on Twitter If I’ve helped.

anitac
    Participant

Didn’t think of that. They’ll have to work that code in the media queries. The Nav disappears in mobile.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

babrees
    Participant

Thanks folks! I had added margin-top which didn’t work.

Top works but I put it on line 1312 which is specifically for the primary nav as I will be having a secondary nav too.

Thanks Again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.