Primary Navigation Issue

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Primary Navigation Issue

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ann2010 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ann2010
    Participant

Hi,

For some reason my Primary Navigation Bar is showing red all the way across it until you get to the “News” tab and then it’s the way it should be. Also it doesn’t show up on other pages this way only the home page link below. Any ideas?

http://in-and-around-columbus.com/

Thank you,

Ann

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,  Ah!  That was a real headscratcher.  I’d never seen anything like that before, a Genesis menu showing 4 current items!   :-)   At first I thought it was some plugin run amok!

I finally realized why… your first four menu items are not “real” menu items, but just markers of menu groups, so to speak, right?  So when you construct your menu, you’ll need to make a little change.  I’ll assume that they’re custom menu items.  Under URL, just put in “#”, that’s it (no quote marks), and save.  Then those menu items will not match “home”.   I’m guessing that currently, you either have nothing, or maybe even “/” in there.

Dave

David Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Ann2010
    Participant

Thank you David, that was it. I had thought it might have something to do with that but then it didn’t make sense because it didn’t show that way on other pages, just the home page. Very odd!

But thank you for your awesome support and help!

Ann

David Chu
    Participant

Ann,

Delighted!  And the reason it didn’t show on the other pages was because the URL you “were at” was different from Home…. the blank links, on the other hand, matched Home, so they went all crazy and red when you were at Home!  :-)  Wild, eh?  You gave me my odd brain-teaser of the day!

Dave

David Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Ann2010
    Participant

Dave,

Makes perfect sense now that you explained it. Glad I could give you the brain-teaser! :)

Thanks again!

Ann

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Primary Navigation Issue’ is closed to new replies.