Primary Sidebar Turns blank when you try to make it wider

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Primary Sidebar Turns blank when you try to make it wider

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  emlee6 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

adw
    Participant

Hi,

I currently have the eleven40 theme. My Primary sidebar is at 260px. But when i increase the width to 300px the whole sidebar just turns blank and all the widgets disappear. Here is what it currently looks like:
    .sidebar {
    display: inline;
    float: right;
    font-size: 14px;
    padding: 25px 0 0;
    width: 260px;
    }
    Anyone have a fix to this, or know how i can make my sidebar wider so i insert a larger ad unit (300×250)?

Thanks!

Susan Nelson
    Participant

I’m thinking it doesn’t go blank, it just falls below the content area because there’s not enough room for it.  If you scroll down, you’ll probably see the sidebar down below.

If you want to make the sidebar wider, you’ll have to make the #content area more narrow.  Everything together must not exceed the total width of the #wrap (or #inner depending upon how you’ve got things set up).  If you post a link to your site, we can help you figure it out.

Susan Nelson | Oh, Hello Designs | Twitter | Facebook

emlee6
    Participant

Hi, I was trying to do the same thing as the original poster (change primary sidebar to 300 width) and I fear I messed up my site. I made the adjustments but now with I change my browser width the sidebar pops to the bottom. Site is: http://www.triphackers.com. Help?!?

Thank you!!

Ellen.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.