Private Member Areas?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Private Member Areas?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rcarlone
    Participant

I am building a site and have a requirement to construct private client pages that will be used for file sharing purposes. So, say we have 50 clients – we would want each to be able to login and see a digital locker of their own files that we or they can upload/download to. None of the other 49 clients would be able to access. Essentially 50 different file download areas where each client has their OWN private page where we can offer upload/download capabilities.

Has anyone done something like this?

Thanks!

cehwitham
    Participant

As standard, WordPress allows you to set a password on any page or post to be able to access that piece of content. You could create a page for each client and then assign it a unique password which you could then provide to the client.

Creating a login system with Genesis is quite easy but it gets a lot more complicated when you want to have a separate area for each person logging in rather than everyone logging into the same area.

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

rcarlone
    Participant

Hi Chris -

Thanks for the reply. I used to accomplish this just like you’ve mentioned but quickly saw what you mean by getting complicated. I think I’ve figured out how to do this using Premise products which makes it much easier with less administrative overhead.

Thanks again!

cehwitham
    Participant

Premise sounds like a good route to take for a quite turn around.

Thanks

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.