Problem installing the MomPrenuer Child Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Problem installing the MomPrenuer Child Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ronp
    Participant

I’m attempting to install the MomPrenuer child them and I get a message saying the theme is broken.  I got Genius Framework 1.9.2 installed and activated. The MomPrenuer theme doesn’t show up at all.  Any suggestions.  I copied the message below I got in Appearance\Themes

Broken Themes
    The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name
    Description

MomPrenuer Child Theme
    The parent theme is missing. Please install the “genesis” parent theme.

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    That is intriguing. And I like the slight re-naming of Genesis, that’s a good one! ;)

My first thought is that when using Genesis, normal procedure is NOT to activate the Genesis theme itself, you should activate the child theme instead. You could try activating another theme, such as the included Twenty-whatever, and then try installing the Mom theme.

Beyond that, it’s possible that your child theme’s files didn’t make it to the server. You could try re-uploading the child theme, or manually installing it by unzipping the archive and uploading it to /wp-content/themes via FTP.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

ronp
    Participant

I don’t think all the files were making it to the server.  Sent the files via FTP and the theme is showing up now.

Thanks!!

David Chu
    Participant

Glad to hear it!

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.