problem updateing to Genesis 2.02

Community Forums Forums General Discussion problem updateing to Genesis 2.02

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  worldviewpr 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

worldviewpr
    Participant

I got an e-mail from wordpress@redpark.com that Genesis 2.02 was now available and that there was a handy one-click upgrade available so rush on over and upgrade now.

At WP Engine I clicked on the activate upgrade and it ate my current child theme and settings.

Luckily I was able to restore from yesterday’s backup.

Was there a secret handshake, as I seemed to have missed that memo.

Please advise whereabouts of proper steps to take to upgrade to Genesis 202 without losing child theme and settings.

http://redpark.com

nutsandbolts

Sorry to hear that you had trouble with the upgrade – that’s definitely not the way it’s supposed to work!

Normally, you would see the upgrade nag in your dashboard, and there is a link to click to upgrade automatically. It shouldn’t affect your child theme or settings at all. That said, I would definitely recommend creating a restore point in WPE just in case. You could also ask WPE support to complete the upgrade for you since I believe that type of service is included with your monthly hosting fees.

I run Genesis on approximately 20 websites as well as multiple client sites and all have been upgraded with no problems. Crossing fingers that you’ll be able to get it to go smoothly!

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

worldviewpr
    Participant

I think I know what the problem was. I mistook the “upgrade available” badge at top with the Activate link. I must have activated the core genesis as theme instead of just updating it. So the updated Genesis Core became the active theme not Agency.

Will drop back ten and try again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.