Problem with desktop view in Sixteen Nine

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Problem with desktop view in Sixteen Nine

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  schneesieber 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

AndreaKay
    Participant

Hi there! I have a client that is seeing both the demo of sixteen nine and a live site (http://twins-happen.com) as a mobile version while at her computer. She is seeing the mobile view on Safari and Chrome. I advised her to clear cookies/cache, restart and she has done all that, but is still seeing the mobile version on a laptop computer. Has anyone ever heard of this? Any fixes, recommendations? This is the theme she wants to use for her own site, but not if it has these types of issues. Thanks!

AC
    Blocked

What type of computer is it? PC, Mac? She should make sure her VIEW is set to 100%. If she has it set for anything less – it will probably default to responsive mode.

AC
    Blocked

I see it normal in Chrome, Firefox and IE.

AndreaKay
    Participant

Thanks for responding! She has a macbook with a 13 in. screen. Could that be it? Could I make some changes in the CSS to make sure it is viewable on a 13 in screen?

AC
    Blocked

Check to make sure her View is set at 100% first before tinkering with the code. Sometimes people will decrease or increase the view percentage based on their eyesight. If not, you could make those adjustments but I would suggest having the laptop with you while you do it so you can make sure that it look correct and it stays correct on all the other desktops, laptops and mobile devices.

ethantime009
    Participant

Hello,

I’m having the same issue on my 13″ Macbook. When I look at the demo or live sites using sixteen Nine, I get the menu on top.

The only way for me to make that change is not 100%, but if I go into “full screen” mode. I’ve tested on Chrome, FF and Safari.

I sure would love to use this theme, but it’s a peculiarity that just a normal browser window at 100% sends it responsive.

If there’s a trick in the code, I’d be happy to implement that.

Thanks!

AndreaKay
    Participant

I found the solution. The first media query in sixteen nine is set to 1279px. I changed it to 1139 and checked with my client who has the 13 in macbook and she said it is now viewing properly.

ethantime009
    Participant

Thank you, AndreaKay. I’ll try that.

schneesieber

Hi AndreaKay,
    I did what you suggested, setting the media query from 1279 to 1139px. It works except that between 1139 and about 1250 the left part of the center column hides under the left column. The smaller the window the more it slides under the left side menu until it reaches the next break point (and the menu moves up top). Any suggestions how can I fix this so the center column becomes more narrow as the horizontal space decreases instead of sliding under the left menu?

schneesieber

The link to my site where this happens: http://www.pirt-reittherapie.de/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.