Problem With Mobile Menu In Eleven40 Pro

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Problem With Mobile Menu In Eleven40 Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Alex Taylor
    Participant

Hi everyone.

I’d like to change one of my sites from the old Eleven40 theme to the newer pro version, but I’d rather have the old navigation menu.

On the old theme, as you use smaller devices, the menu changes and becomes narrower, then falls in under the site title/logo. On the new pro version, on smaller devices, the menu disappears and becomes a button you click to bring up the menu.

Is there a way to make this new pro navigation behave like the old one and always leave the menu visible?

Thanks for your time!

Tom
    Participant

In the Eleven40 theme the responsive menu is controlled using a media query at 1023px.

The primary menu is hidden…

.responsive-menu {
            display: none;
           }

… and replaced by the ‘hamburger’ menu.

#responsive-menu-icon {
            display: block;
           }

If you want to retain the regular menu, edit the theme stylesheet by commenting out or deleting these items. An alternative method is to us the following code at the very bottom of the stylesheet

@media only screen and (max-width: 1023px) {
        .responsive-menu {
            display: block;
            }

#responsive-menu-icon {
            display: none;
            }
    }

You should be aware that, if you use submenus, in some cases the parent menu should only be used as a menu placeholder. Using the parent menu as a link allows the link to be selected, meaning that you cannot access the submenus. The ‘hamburger’ menu resolves this problem.

Choose your next site design from over 300 Genesis themes.
    Updates via GenesisThemes.ca | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr

Alex Taylor
    Participant

Tom, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, neither of those approaches worked. Even deleting those lines of code entirely had no effect on the menu at all. By the way, I’m not using any submenus, so I don’t need to worry about methods that might interfere with that.

Tom
    Participant

Perhaps you have a cacheing plugin in place?

Please post a link to your site.

Choose your next site design from over 300 Genesis themes.
    Updates via GenesisThemes.ca | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.